- 4 to 5 large leaves curly green kale, center ribs removed and discarded, sliced into ribbons (approximately 4 cups cut)
- 1 Stemilt Piñata apple, core removed, diced into approximate 3/8” to ½” cubes (approximately 2 cups diced)
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1 tsp light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/3 tsp fresh orange zest
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
Leafy green kale and Piñata apple are combined with pomegranate seeds and roasted hazelnuts for a healthy salad.
- Yield2 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryLunch, Dinner,
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, coconut milk, apple cider vinegar, honey and orange zest.
- Slowly whisk olive oil into mixture, until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Place ribbons of kale in a large bowl and add dressing.
- Using clean fingers, carefully “massage” dressing into greens for 30 seconds to one minute. This will “tame” the greens (soften them) a bit and work flavor of dressing throughout.
- Add diced apple, pomegranate seeds and nuts to bowl and lightly toss.
- Serve with additional slices of Piñata apple alongside, and/or top with additional chopped hazelnuts, if preferred.
- Calories: 767.1
- Fat Content: 17.2 g (sat 1.9g, poly 2.6g, mono 11.6g)
- Protein Content: 8.7 g
- Carbohydrate Content: 42.9 g
- Fiber Content: 8.7 g
- Sugar Content: 22.5 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Sodium Content: 67.1 mg