Leafy green kale and Piñata apple are combined with pomegranate seeds and roasted hazelnuts for a healthy salad.
Check out the recipe below and let us know what you think in the comments!
- 4 to 5 large leaves curly green kale, center ribs removed and discarded, sliced into ribbons (approximately 4 cups cut)
- 1 Stemilt Piñata apple, core removed, diced into approximate 3/8” to ½” cubes (approximately 2 cups diced)
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1 tsp light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/3 tsp fresh orange zest
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
Recipe: Kale and Apple Salad
Rate this recipe:
- Yield2 servings
- Prep time
In a small bowl, combine yogurt, coconut milk, apple cider vinegar, honey and orange zest. Slowly whisk olive oil into mixture, until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
Place ribbons of kale in a large bowl and add dressing. Using clean fingers, carefully “massage” dressing into greens for 30 seconds to one minute. This will “tame” the greens (soften them) a bit and work flavor of dressing throughout. Add diced apple, pomegranate seeds and nuts to bowl and lightly toss. Serve with additional slices of Piñata apple alongside, and/or top with additional chopped hazelnuts, if preferred.