This decadent olive oil peach cake is perfection with its dense, moist center and crunchy crust. Topped with sweet yellow peaches and lightly sweetened vanilla whipped cream, everyone will be asking you for this easy recipe!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsps kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/3 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract or 1/4 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 - 3 fresh yellow peaches, sliced
This decadent olive oil peach cake is perfection with its dense, moist center and crunchy crust.
- Yield12 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategorySummer Fruits, Summer, Dessert.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9x3-inch cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil and the eggs. Add the milk and the orange juice. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the olive oil mixture over the flour mixture. Whisk just until combined.
- Pour the batter into your prepared cake pan. Bake for 1 hour, but begin testing at 50 minutes. The cake should be golden and a cake-tester should come out clean. Cool for 20 minutes, then run a knife along the perimeter before turning the cake out onto a serving dish to cool completely.
- To make the topping, add the heavy cream to a chilled bowl. With an electric mixer, beat on high speed until stiff peaks are formed. Add the confectioner’s sugar and the vanilla and beat just until blended.
- To assemble the cake, top with whipped cream and arrange the peach slices.
- Calories: 512
- Protein Content: 4g
- Fat Content: 34g
- Carbohydrate Content: 51g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 224mg
- Sugar Content: 35g