- 4 cups bread, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 8 oz halloumi, chopped
- 7 cups arugula, rinsed and dried
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Stemilt peaches, sliced
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
This peach, halloumi and arugula salad is well-rounded and substantial, while still feeling light. It’s easy to prepare, and extremely flavorful and with each bite comes an explosion of flavors and textures.
- Yield1 entree salad serving
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategorySalad
- Preheat the oven 450ºF.
- Place the chopped bread onto a baking sheet and toss with 2 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tsp of salt, and 1 tsp of chili flakes.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake until the bread has browned and is nice and crunchy, roughly 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- While the bread is toasting, heat a frying pan on medium heat.
- Add a drop of oil and fry the halloumi on each side until golden, approximately 2 - 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from the pan and let cool. In a large bowl, toss the arugula with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You want a nice even coating. Add more if needed.
- Add the sliced peaches, cherry tomatoes, and shallots to the arugula and toss.
- Season the salad with lime juice, salt, and pepper. Taste and add more seasoning if needed.
- Add the toasted bread and the fried halloumi to the salad. Plate and serve.
- Calories: 410
- Fat Content: 25g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9g
- Unsaturated Fat Content: 14g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 31g
- Protein Content: 16g
- Cholesterol Content: 39mg
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Sugar Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 1200mg