- 2 1/4 c. artisan Organic peaches
- 2 1/4 c. blueberries
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 c. quick cooking or regular oatmeal (not instant!)
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1/3 c. light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 tbsp cold slated or unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
Warm fruit desserts are always a welcome end to a meal.
- Yield8 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDessert
- Combine the fruit and any accumulated juices, almond extract, white sugar and cornstarch in a large bowl, mixing well.
- Let it sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Have ready an 8 x 11 inch ungreased shallow baking dish or one of similar volume.
- Combine the oatmeal, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a separate bowl.
- Add the butter and use your fingers to thoroughly work it into the dry ingredients. The consistency will be crumbly.
- Pour the fruit mixture into the baking dish, distributing the berries and peaches evenly.
- Scatter the crumb topping over the fruit, covering it as much as possible.
- Boke for 50 to 60 minutes, until the fruit is bubbling up the sides of the dish and the crisp topping is just starting to brown.
- Let it rest for five minutes before serving.
- Calories: 190 calories
- Protein Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 37g
- Fat Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Cholesterol Content: 11mg
- Sodium Content: 0mg
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Sugar Content: 26g