- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough, thawed in the refrigerator
- 4 medium ripe peaches
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp chopped pecans
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 large egg yolk
- 2 tsps granulated sugar
These peach dumplings are such a fun summer dessert! They’ve got a sweet and nutty surprise center and are made a bit easier with store-bought puff pastry dough.
- Yield4 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDessert
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Roll out the puff pastry dough on a floured surface into a 14 x 14-inch square.
- Cut the dough into four 7-inch squares. Place the squares onto a baking sheet and refrigerate to keep cool.
- Cut the peaches in half, removing the stones and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pecans and cinnamon.
- Add the melted butter and mix to combine. Scoop 1 tablespoon of the mixture into each peach half. Press the halves together to reform the peach.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator.
- Place each peach onto the center of each square.
- Brush the egg wash around the perimeter of the dough.
- Bring up the sides into a point at the top, pinching the seams together.
- Brush each dumpling with the egg wash, then turn the corners of the pastry over, pressing them against the sides of the peach to form a round dumpling.
- Prick holes around the tops with a fork and sprinkle with the sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool a bit before serving.
- Calories: 517
- Protein Content: 8g
- Fat Content: 33g
- Carbohydrate Content: 51g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 281mg
- Sugar Content: 22g