These peach dumplings are such a fun summer dessert! They’ve got a sweet and nutty surprise center and are made a bit easier with store-bought puff pastry dough.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough, thawed in the refrigerator
- 4 medium ripe peaches
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp chopped pecans
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 large egg yolk
- 2 tsps granulated sugar
These peach dumplings are such a fun summer dessert!
- Yield4 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDessert, Summer, Summer Fruits.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Roll out the puff pastry dough on a floured surface into a 14 x 14-inch square. Cut the dough into four 7-inch squares. Place the squares onto a baking sheet and refrigerate to keep cool.
- Cut the peaches in half, removing the stones and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pecans and cinnamon. Add the melted butter and mix to combine.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the mixture into each peach half. Press the halves together to reform the peach.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator. To assemble, place each peach onto the center of each square. Brush the egg wash around the perimeter of the dough. Bring up the sides into a point at the top, pinching the seams together. Brush each dumpling with the egg wash, then turn the corners of the pastry over, pressing them against the sides of the peach to form a round dumpling.
- Prick holes around the tops with a fork and sprinkle with the sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool a bit before serving.
- Calories: 517
- Protein Content: 8g
- Fat Content: 33g
- Carbohydrate Content: 51g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 281mg
- Sugar Content: 22g