- 7 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 to 4 tbsp ice water
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh yellow peaches
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp coarse turbinado sugar
- 2 tbsp apricot jam, room temperature
Fresh yellow peaches are the star of this incredible galette! This may become your favorite summer dessert.
- Yield8 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDessert
To prepare the dough:
- Cut the butter into small cubes and place it in the refrigerator to keep chilled.
- Combine the flour, sugar and salt in the bowl of your food processor fitted with a standard blade. Pulse to combine.
- Add the chilled cubes of butter to the bowl. Pulse several times until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add 3 1/2 tablespoons of ice water to the bowl. Pulse just until the dough is slightly crumbly, but comes together.
- If it doesn’t after a few pulses, add another 1/2 tablespoon of the ice water and pulse again. Remove the dough from the bowl.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a 12-inch circle, turning it over and lightly dusting with more flour as necessary.
- Transfer the dough to your baking sheet gently, using your rolling pin. Place the baking sheet with the dough into the refrigerator to chill.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice the peaches and toss them with the cornstarch.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and arrange the peaches in a concentric circle leaving a 2-inch
- Fold the edges of the dough over the fruit to create a crust. Brush the outer crust with the melted butter, brushing the tops of the peaches with any remaining
- Sprinkle the turbinado sugar over the crust.
- Bake for 50 minutes. The crust should be browned and the fruit should become tender.
- Allow the galette to cool for 10 minutes, then brush the top of the peaches with apricot jam.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
- Calories: 228
- Protein Content: 3g
- Fat Content: 12g
- Carbohydrate Content: 28g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 89mg
- Sugar Content: 12g