- 4 slices sourdough, whole wheat, or white bread
- 4 slices of Cheddar cheese
- 1 firm but ripe Bartlett, Anjou, or Bosc pear, peeled, halved lengthwise, cored and cut into 4 thick slices
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
Delicious and filling breakfast recipe featuring Stemilt pears.
In CategoryBreakfast, Lunch
- Place 2 slices of bread on a work surface and top each slice with a piece of the cheese.
- Arrange 2 slices of pear on top of each piece of cheese.
- Add 2 slices of bacon, and then top with another piece of cheese.
- Place a slice of bread on top and butter the top slices of bread with half of the butter.
- Preheat a griddle or large skillet.
- Place the sandwiches buttered side down on the hot griddle or pan.
- Butter the topside of the sandwiches.
- Grill until nicely browned on one side and then flip and brown the other side.
- Cut each sandwich in half and serve immediately.
- Calories: 641
- Fat Content: 46.7g
- Cholesterol Content: 131mg
- Sodium Content: 1431mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 26.3g
- Fiber Content: 3.7g
- Sugar Content: 11.3g
- Protein Content: 29.9g