- For Pear Butter:
- 3 lbs. ripe Stemilt pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- For Waffles:
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups milk (any milk is fine)
- 1/4 cup canola oil (can also use melted butter, coconut oil, or any other oil)
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
This pear butter is the perfect topping for your morning waffles, and the kids are going to love it.
In CategorySide dish
For Pear Butter:
- Add all ingredients to a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to low.
- Place a lid over the top, leaving a crack for steam to escape, and simmer for about 45 minutes, until it has reduced slightly and thickened. Keep an eye on it and stir occasionally so it doesn’t burn.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a food processor or blender.
- Pulse until it’s as smooth as you wish (it can be completely smooth or you can leave it chunky).
- Transfer to jars or other containers, seal, and refrigerate until ready to use. Keep for up to a week.
- Note: Pear butter can be frozen for up to a year.
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Whisk eggs until homogeneous. Whisk in flour, milk, oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth.
- Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron.
- Cook according to manufacturer instructions. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Top with Stemilt D’Anjou Pear Butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired.
- Calories: 461
- Fat Content: 13g
- Cholesterol Content: 61mg
- Sodium Content: 118mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 80.5g
- Fiber Content: 8.5g
- Sugar Content: 34g
- Protein Content: 9.7g