- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose baking flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup (canned) crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup peeled and diced Stemilt Piñata apple
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
Oatmeal, coconut milk, crushed pineapple and sweet Piñata apples pop these muffins with delicious tropical flavors… sure to shine a little island sun on your morning routine.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine oats, coconut milk and shredded coconut.
- Set aside to rest for 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring intermittently.
- Meanwhile, combine baking flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Use a whisk to combine thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients for muffin topping (flour through melted butter). Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine egg, brown sugar, crushed pineapple, butter, pecans, and apple.
- Add rested oat mixture to bowl using a large spoon to gently fold in, until oats are thoroughly mixed through.
- Then fold this wet mixture into dry ingredients, using a spoon to gently mix through, just to combine without over mixing.
- Grease muffin tin(s) or use paper liners.
- Using an ice cream scoop, carefully drop one scoop of muffin batter into each cup of prepared tin, and sprinkle tops of batter with topping mixture.
- Place muffins on center rack of oven to bake for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, until lightly golden and toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
- Calories: 187
- Carbohydrate Content: 29.3g
- Cholesterol Content: 23.2mg
- Fat Content: Fat 8.9g (sat 4.2g, poly 1.2g, mono 3g)
- Protein Content: 2.6g
- Sodium Content: 152.9mg
- Sugar Content: 16.4g
- Fiber Content: 1.7g