- For the burgers:
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup cooked brown rice, quinoa, or a mix
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil (plus more for cooking)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 burger buns
- Sliced yellow onion
- Condiments, like mayo, mustard, and ketchup
Nothing says BBQ like a good burger, and this plant-based burger will give ground beef a run for its money!
- Yield4 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDinner
- In a large bowl, mash the black beans with a fork until slightly creamy.
- Add the remaining ingredients for the burgers to the bowl and mix together until completely combined.
- Form into 4 patties and set aside on a plate. At this point, the patties can be refrigerated or grilled right away.
- If grilling: lightly oil grates with olive oil and preheat to medium high heat for about 10 minutes. When hot, grill for about 3 minutes on each side, until browned.
- If cooking in a skillet, preheat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add ½ tsp olive oil and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, until browned.
- Add patties to toasted buns and top with sliced onion, lettuce, and condiments of your choice.
- Calories: 543
- Fat Content: 6.8g
- Cholesterol Content: 1mg
- Sodium Content: 601mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 96g
- Fiber Content: 18g
- Sugar Content: 8.1g
- Protein Content: 27.2g