- 2 lbs sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups sugar
- 1 quart sized mason jar
This simple recipe will allow you to enjoy your favorite sweet cherries even after cherry season comes to and end.
- Yield10 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDessert
- Pit and stem all the cherries.
- Stuff as many cherries as you can into a warm, quart sized mason jar, leaving about an half-inch of room at the top of the jar (cherries/water will expand once frozen.)
- Bring the water and sugar to a boil and stir continuously until sugar dissolves.
- Gently pour the hot water-sugar mix over the cherries, also leaving a half-inch of room at the top.
- Seal tightly and store in the fridge. Use within one month.
- If you freeze the preserves, they will last about a year.
- After they sit for long periods of time, they will be very sweet.
- Since sweet cherries are already sweet, use caution when adding sugar.
- These will last for about a month.
- Calories: 200g
- Protein Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 52g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 5mg
- Sugar Content: 50g