Recipe provided to Stemilt by Crisp Collaborator Emily Straw from @healthyw_em
- 1lb of fresh Stemilt dark-sweet cherries
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
One of my favorite parts about this recipe is that you can control the amount of sugar and to create a jam that’s delicious and still healthy.
- Yield10 oz servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- CuisineAmerican, European
- In CategoryBreakfast, Appetizer, Snacks
- Place the prepared fruit, lemon juice and honey in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Simmer 15 minutes until it bubbles and breaks down; use a potato masher or fork to mash the fruit to your desired consistency
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chia seeds until well combined, then let it sit at least 15 minutes to allow the chia seeds to gelatinize.
- It will keep in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator up to 10 days.
- You can also use maple syrup instead of honey, or just leave out the sweetener all together if your fruit is extra sweet. The lemon juice is also optional, but I find the acid really goes a long way to enhancing the flavor of your jam
- Also, chia seeds are full of protein, fiber and omega-3’s and the when you combine them with the cherries you are getting a jam that is high in antioxidants & nutrients!
- Calories: 79
- Fat Content: 0.9g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Sodium Content: 9mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 17.4g
- Fiber Content: 1.3g
- Sugar Content: 3.5g
- Protein Content: 0.7g