This Rainier Cherry and Chocolate Baked Oatmeal is a healthy, hearty breakfast that’s perfect for meal prep.
- 1 cup fresh Rainier cherries, rinsed with stems and pits removed
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp melted butter, slightly cooled
This Rainier Cherry and Chocolate Baked Oatmeal is a healthy, hearty breakfast that's perfect for meal prep.
- Yield6 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryBreakfast
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter or grease a small square or round baking dish.
- Using a potato masher, smash the cherries and banana together in a mixing bowl until well combined. (You can also pulse them in a blender or food processor.) Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine oats, walnuts, brown sugar, chocolate chips, baking powder, and salt. Stir well.
- Add the milk, egg, and melted butter to the fruit mixture and stir well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Pour into the buttered baking dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until edges are browned and center is set. Garnish with chopped fresh cherries if desired.
- Calories: 337