- 30 small apples
- 5 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- 1 1/2 cups mineral water
- 2 tsp black currant syrup
Dip your favorite apple into a magical red sauce. This recipe originally appears at AllRecipes.com, courtesy of user CLAUD1.
- Place lollipop sticks or wooden craft sticks into each apple at the stem end.
- Set aside. In a heavy saucepan, mix together the sugar, golden syrup and water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook until the mixture reaches 300 to 310 degrees F (149 to 154 degrees C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms hard, brittle threads. This will take a good 45 minutes!
- Remove the sugar mixture from the heat and stir in the black currant syrup.
- Quickly dip all of the apples, holding them by the stick.
- You can let them cool by inserting the other end of the stick into a thick sheet of foam board.
- If that is not available, set the coated apples onto waxed paper or aluminum foil.
- Make sure they don't touch each other.
- Calories: 257
- Fat Content: 0.4g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Sodium Content: 10mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 68.4g
- Fiber Content: 5.4g
- Sugar Content: 58g
- Protein Content: 0.6g