- 1 1/2 lbs fingerling potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 links uncooked Italian chicken sausage
- 2 Stemilt Honeycrisp apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 heaping tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
If you're burnt out on sweet apple recipes, this savory potato and sausage dish is here to help!
In CategoryDinner, Side dish
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss potatoes, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl until coated.
- Spread out in a large heavy roasting pan. Roast in oven.
- Brown Italian chicken sausage over stove. While potatoes roast, stir cooked sausage, apples mustard, maple syrup and vinegar together in the bowl.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Remove roasting pan from the oven.
- Scrape potatoes up from the pan with a spatula and add to sausage, apples and mustard mixture.
- Toss to combine. Return to the oven and bake, stirring once or twice until the potatoes and apples are tender and the glaze is caramelized, 45 minutes. Serve warm.
- Calories: 564
- Fat Content: 15.7g
- Cholesterol Content: 22mg
- Sodium Content: 1450mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 99.1g
- Fiber Content: 13.7g
- Sugar Content: 39g
- Protein Content: 11.4