Squash and apple soup is a staple dinner recipe for the falls season, and this rendition doesn’t disappoint!
- 3 medium sized acorn squash, peeled and cored
- 2 medium yellow onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, quartered
- 2 Stemilt Honeycrisp apples, peeled and cored
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- A splash of cream for garnish
- For a light kick, add 2 tsp pumpkin spice (optional)
Squash and apple soup is a staple dinner recipe for the falls season, and this rendition doesn't disappoint!
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In Categorymain
- Pre-heat your oven to 400F, and then peel, seed and cut the squash, onions and apples into quarters.
- Place on a roasting pan, and then generously drizzle with a blend of the olive oil and pumpkin spice before roasting for 40 minutes, or until tender.
- Once roasted, allow it to cool for 10 minutes before adding to a food processor with the stock.
- Blitz the ingredients together until smooth.
- If the soup has cooled, return to a sauce pan and simmer on medium heat to warm, and whisk in the cream, then serve immediately garnished with warm buttery toast.
- Calories: 207