This simple roasted pear sauce is your ticket to easy family meals.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lay prepared pears cut side down on a baking pan and bake for 30-45 minutes, or until soft to the touch at the thickest part of the pear.
- Let cool slightly. Transfer pears to a blender along with 1/4 cup water.
- Purée until the pears are thoroughly blended, you may need to add the additional 1/4 cup of water if your puree is still too thick. Let cool.
- Transfer to a glass jar with a tight fitting lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Notes: The longer you roast the pears, the more caramelized they will become resulting in a darker puree.
- Calories: 86
- Fat Content: 0g
- Carbohydrate Content: 22g
- Sugar Content: 14g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Protein Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0mg