- 1 lb salmon
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- couple grinds of black pepper
- 1 head of lettuce, chopped (8 cups)
- 1 Stemilt Piñata® apple, sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 small cucumber, peeled and seeds removed
- 2 green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 clove of garlic
- juice from 1/2 lemon (1 1/2 - 2 tbsp)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Savory salmon and crisp Pinata® apples pair well with a refreshing cucumber, dill and green onion dressing, making this a perfect spring dinner.
- Yield4 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDinner
- Preheat the barbecue grill to medium-high heat, roughly 400ºF.
- While the grill is heating, debone the salmon. Cut it into 4 - 2-inch pieces. Brush the salmon with olive oil, then barbecue sauce and then season with salt and pepper. Let the salmon marinate in the fridge until you are ready to grill.
- Once you are ready, place the salmon directly onto the grill. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes per side or until the salmon has reached an internal temperature of 145ºF.
- Remove the salmon from the grill and let cool while you are preparing the salad.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, apple, cucumber, and green onions.
- In the food processor or blender, puree the cucumber. Add the green onions, yogurt, sour cream, garlic, lemon juice, and salt and pulse until smooth. Add the dill and pulse to combine.
- Toss the salad in the dressing, enough to coat the lettuce leaves. You will have plenty of dressing left over to use for another day.
- Plate the salads into 4 servings and add a piece of salmon to each. Serve with a lemon wedge.
- Calories: 352
- Fat Content: 15g
- Carbohydrate Content: 27g
- Protein Content: 28g
- Cholesterol Content: 66mg
- Fiber Content: 3.3g
- Sugar Content: 17g
- Sodium Content: 333mg