- 1 cup Stemilt cherries, halved and pitted
- 4 (4-6 ounce) merguez lamb sausage links (or pork sausage)
- 2 green onions
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- ¼ tsp each salt & black pepper
- 1/3 cup goat cheese
Sweet cherry compote joins the savory flavors of goat cheese and lamb sausage in a simple summer appetizer recipe that will please a crowd.
- Yield8-12 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- CuisineEuropean, American
- In CategoryAppetizer, Side dish, Snacks
- Place halved cherries on a sheet of aluminum foil; fold up the sides to make a bowl.
- Grill sausage, cherries (in foil), and green onion over medium-high heat stirring cherries every 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cook onion 2 minutes or until slightly charred; remove from grill.
- Cook cherries and sausage 7 to 9 minutes or until cherries soften and release juices and sausage is cooked through.
- Roughly chop the cherries and finely chop the green onion then mix together in a bowl with lemon juice, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Slice sausages into 1/2-inch rounds and place on a serving tray.
- Spoon cherry compote over sausage then crumble with goat cheese. Serve with toothpicks.
- Calories: 137
- Fat Content: 10.1g
- Cholesterol Content: 33mg
- Sodium Content: 276mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 3.3g
- Fiber Content: 0.3g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 7.2g