- Special Equipment: Shamrock shaped cookie cutter
- 2 Stemilt apples, cored and cut in half
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 cups of frozen mangoes, already in chunks
- 6 leaves of kale, cleaned and de-stemmed
- 1 cup of cold water (coconut water works great too)
- 1 1/2 cup plain Kefir, or Greek yogurt
- 1 heaping scoop of vanilla protein powder, optional
- Ice (not necessary if you use frozen mangoes)
This refreshing green smoothie is filling enough to get to dinner time, but full of goodness.
- Yield3 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDrinks, Smoothie, Lunch,
- Push a shamrock shaped cookie cutter through the skin and flesh of one half of an apple. Repeat two more times so that you have 3 shamrocks (or however many glasses you are making).
- Cut the remaining half of apple and any other remnants from the shamrocks into bite-sized pieces and place into the bottom of your blender.
- Add mangoes, banana, kefir/yogurt, kale, and water. Blend for 1 minute on high, or until smooth.
- Finally, if desired, add a scoop of your favorite protein powder and blend for 30 seconds. (This makes the consistency a bit thicker, and adds just a touch of sweetness).
- Garnish each glass with a shamrock. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- The kale may not break down completely, so if you prefer a smooth consistency for your green smoothies, use spinach instead. I find that it breaks down easier and the “green” flavor is almost completely masked by any fruit combination you use. The kale in this smoothie wasn’t undetectable, but rather gave it a very refreshing taste.
- Calories: 339
- Fat Content: 4.7g
- Cholesterol Content: 50mg
- Sodium Content: 76mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 55.8g
- Sugar Content: 43.3g
- Protein Content: 21g