- 2 Stemilt Fresh Blenders Tart Apples, cored and quartered
- 1 cup ice
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 petite carrots (approx. 6” length), thoroughly scrubbed or peeled, ends trimmed, roughly chopped
- 1/2 ripe banana, peeled
- 1 orange, peeled and halved
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, firmly packed (optional, see note)
Keep things simple with this easy ABC Smoothie recipe!
In CategoryBreakfast, Smoothies, Snacks
- Add apple, then ice, water, carrot, banana, and orange to pitcher of high-speed electric blender (one suitable for crushing ice and handling firm textures).
- Blend on high (or use “smoothie” option, if applicable) for approximately 1 minute. (If necessary, stop machine intermittently to scrape down sides or press ingredients down to remove any air pockets that might impede blending.)
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
- If you want to go “green,” add baby spinach with other ingredients and blend, as directed. Or transfer half of ABC smoothie to a pitcher, then add spinach to remaining smoothie mix in blender; blend as directed.
- To serve, fill glasses halfway with green smoothie, then add ABC smoothie to top for a bit of a layered look.
- Calories: 174.6 (1.03% from fat)
- Fat Content: 0.2 g (sat 0g, poly 0.1g, mono 0g)
- Protein Content: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrate Content: 44.5 g
- Fiber Content: 8.2 g
- Sugar Content: 31.1 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Sodium Content: 53.9 mg