- 2 Piñata apples, cored and sliced ½ centimeter thick, or very thin
- 1/4 cup of white granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp of light brown sugar
- 1 tsp of ground smoked cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of water
- 2 disks of ready make pie dough
These cookies have all the flavor of Apple Pie, without all the work!
- Yield10 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDessert
- In a small mixing bowl, add the spices, salt and sugar, then stir to blend them well.
- Core your apple.
- Lightly dust your work surface with flour and then roll out your ready made pie dough, cutting 2-2 ½ inch circles across the dough.
- Begin assembling the cookies by slicing your apples, dipping each apple slice into the sugar blend so that it is fully coated, and then laying the 3-4 apple slices onto the circular dough cut out. Repeat this process until all of your cookie bases are assembled.
- Then roll out the second disk to cut out the top of your pie cookies.
- Lay the top pastry disc onto your apple slices and gently press a fork down to crimp the edges and secure the pie cookie together.
- Once done, cut a vent on top of each cookie to release the steam while it bakes. Before placing in an oven, lightly brush with water and then sprinkle the top with the sugar blend.
- Bake at 385F for 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown around the edges.
- Calories: 96
- Fat Content: 3.5
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Sodium Content: 84mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 17g
- Fiber Content: 1.2g
- Sugar Content: 11.1g
- Protein Content: 0.1g