- 16 tbsp of unsalted butter, roughly chopped
- 5 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced ½ inch thick
- 3/4 Cup of white granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of Nutmeg, optional
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 Cups of all purpose unbleached flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2/3 cup of whole milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of ice cold heavy cream, optional
Peach cobbler is a classic summer recipe that is simple to make, especially when using a cast iron skillet.
- Yield8 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDessert
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- While the oven heats, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Being careful not to let it burn.
- Once melted, add the peaches and cook for 2-3 minutes or until they begin to soften.
- Once soft, add ¼ cup of sugar, ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon and the nutmeg if you are using it, stir and allow it to simmer for 5 minutes, or until the sugar has dissolved and the liquid has thickened, before removing from the heat to rest.
- Using a food processor, add the flour, baking powder, remaining sugar and cinnamon, and the salt and blitz for 30 seconds to blend together. Then add the butter and blitz until the ingredients resemble wet sand.
- While the processor is going, slowly add the milk and vanilla extract and process until a rough dough forms.
- Using a cookie scooper, add scoops of the dough to the top of your peaches inside the skillet.
- Taking care to cover the peaches in the dough and then back for 30-40 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown across the top.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve this cobbler recipe with vanilla ice cream or whipping cream.
- Calories: 428
- Fat Content: 29.4g
- Cholesterol Content: 83mg
- Sodium Content: 325mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 37.1
- Fiber Content: 1.6g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Protein Content: 6g