- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce
- 1/2 pound Skylar Rae® brand Cherries, stemmed, pitted and halved
- 2 oranges, supremed (see note)
- 6 thinly sliced cuts of red onion (using a mandolin makes slicing easy)
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3 tbsp reserved orange juice
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch kosher salt
This is a great salad for the summer as it's topped with crisp and sweet, Skylar Rae cherries!
- Yield2 to 4 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryLunch, Dinner
- Spray grill with canola oil (or other high heat cooking oil) and heat on high setting (or place grill pan on stove heated to high).
- Romaine halved lengthwise without trimming stem (the stem will help hold the leaves of each halve intact, making it easier to turn when grilling).
- Once heated, lay romaine halves, cut side down, to grill for approximately 2 minutes; turn over and continue grilling until leaves have wilted some and look golden and just slightly charred (about another 1 to 2 minutes). Time will depend on the heat of your grill, so just watch for signs that leaves have wilted and charred just a bit.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk reserved orange juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and salt until well combined.
- Divide grilled romaine hearts among plates, top with fresh cherries, fresh orange supremes, and red onion.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve immediately.
- Calories: 134.5
- Fat Content: 5.4g
- Protein Content: 2.9g
- Carbohydrate Content: 20.9g
- Fiber Content: 4.2g
- Sugar Content: 14.7g
- Cholesterol Content: 8.8mg
- Sodium Content: 73.9mg