- 3 pounds Stemilt apples (approximately 6 large apples), preferably a mix of sweet and tart
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice (approximately 1 large lemon)
- 1/4 cup water
- pinch of kosher salt
- Optional: 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- Optional: 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Optional: 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
This set-it-and-forget-it Slow Cooker Applesauce recipe is perfect if you have extra apples on hand.
- Yield16 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- CuisineEuropean, American
- In CategorySide dish
- Peel, core and chop the apples (note: there are inexpensive peeler/corer/slicer all-in-one tools that make this process incredibly fast and simple).
- Place the chopped apples, lemon juice, water and salt in the bowl of a slow cooker, as well as the butter, cinnamon and nutmeg, if using.
- Stir the ingredients and close the lid.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Serve warm, or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Optional: for a smoother consistency, the applesauce can be pureed in a blender, food processor, or with an immersion blender.
- Calories: 52
- Fat Content: 0.9g
- Cholesterol Content: 2mg
- Sodium Content: 18mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 11.9g
- Fiber Content: 2.2g
- Sugar Content: 8.8g
- Protein Content: 0.3g