- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 2 pounds butternut squash (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 1 pound of sweet apples (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 1 cup apple juice (more if necessary)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Optional ingredients for garnish: apple slices, toasted pecans, and sour cream
This simple soup recipe is the perfect feature of any fall or winter dinner.
In CategoryLunch, Dinner
- Heat oil and butter in a large saucepan; add onions and chili powder.
- Cook and stir for about 10 minutes or until the onions are tender.
- Next, add squash, apples, apple juice, chicken broth, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and cook on low heat until apples and squash are very soft (about 30 minutes).
- Puree the mixture with an immersion blender or a food processor and then return to the saucepan.
- Add additional apple juice and broth, if needed.
- Garnish with toasted pecans, sour cream, and thin apple slices, if desired. Serve warm and enjoy!
Per Serving (7 cups)
- Calories: 130 (per 1 cup serving)
- Carbohydrate Content: 23 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Sodium Content: 290 mg