- 16 cups 1-inch sourdough bread cubes (2 baguettes)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 cups medium-diced yellow onion (2 large)
- 2 cups medium-diced celery (3 large stalks)
- 2 Stemilt Granny Smith apples, unpeeled, cored and large diced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
Change up your classic stuffing recipe by substituting normal bread cubes with sourdough bread cubes for a delicious, savory twist!
- Yield8 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategorySide
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Add the bread cubes to a rimmed baking sheet and bake them in the oven for 7 minutes. After removing the bread, increase oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- In a large saute pan, melt the butter and add the onion, celery, apples, salt, and pepper. Saute for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are softened.
- Combine the bread cubes and cooked vegetables in a large bowl and add the chicken stock, rosemary, thyme, and sage.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread the stuffing mixture into the prepared dish. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Calories: 285