- 2 quarts apple cider
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 Stemilt apple, thinly sliced
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 6-8 whole cloves
- 2-3 allspice berries or 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tbsp molasses
- Optional garnishes: apple slices, orange slices, whole cinnamon sticks, whipped cream
Fresh Stemilt apples combine with cider, citrus, and fall spices in this spiced hot apple cider recipe. A great beverage to enjoy during the holiday season!
- Yield8 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- CuisineEuropean, American
- In CategoryDrinks
- Combine all ingredients in a pot on the stove or in a slow cooker.
- If using your stove, bring the cider to a boil in a large pot over high heat, then reduce to the lowest heat and allow it to gently cook for 30 to 40 minutes for the flavors to come together.
For slow cooker:
- For an easy slow cooker method, combine all ingredients in a large slow cooker. Set the slow cooker on high heat and cover. Leave it on high for at least one hour, or up to two hours. Reduce to the lowest heat setting to keep warm for up to 4 hours.
- Calories: 125
- Carbohydrate Content: 37 g
- Sugar Content: 26 g
- Sodium Content: 26 g