- 2 Stemilt Piñata apples, spiralized or chopped into matchsticks
- 1 head butter or Bibb lettuce, torn
- 1/2 cup red walnuts or regular walnuts, toasted & roughly chopped
- 3 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped celery leaves, optional
- 1 tablespoon bee pollen, optional
- flaky sea salt and coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple juice, look for a cloudy juice not clear if possible
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse Kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
This salad is not only easy to make, with ingredients that I typically have on hand, but unlike some salad’s this one is super kid-friendly too.
- Yield4 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryLunch, Dinner
To make the dressing:
- Put all the dressing ingredients in a mason jar or similar sized wide mouth jar and use an immersion blender to blend to a creamy consistency.
To assemble the salad:
- In a large bowl toss the spiralized apples with 4 tablespoons of the poppy seed dressing, completely coating the apple noodles. Set aside
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a platter and top with the dressed, spiralized apples.
- Sprinkle the walnuts, celery, and celery leaves over the top.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle on bee pollen if using.
- Calories: 305
- Fat Content: 23.3g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Sodium Content: 35mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 23.8g
- Fiber Content: 4.9g
- Sugar Content: 16.1g
- Protein Content: 5g