- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 1/3 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pitted and halved Stemilt Rainier cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
A twist on tradition. Summer brownies that are blonde with Rainier cherries baked right in. Delicious summer cherry treat.
Yield9 to 12 servings
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, oil, eggs and vanilla; mix on low speed of electric mixer until blended.
- Mix 1 minute on medium speed. Batter will be thick.
- Spread half of batter in oiled and floured 9-inch baking pan.
- Toss cherries in small amount of flour. Scatter cherries over batter; spread remaining batter over cherries.
- Sprinkle pecans over top.
- Bake at 325°F 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack and cut into 16 pieces.
Chocolate Chip Variation: Sprinkle 1/2 cup chocolate chips over batter with pecans.
- Calories: 207
- Protein Content: 2.2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 28.2g
- Fat Content: 9.9g
- Cholesterol Content: 27g
- Fiber Content: 0.6g
- Sodium Content: 88mg