- 1 1/2 cup uncooked farro
- 3/4 lb fresh Stemilt sweet cherries, pitted, stems removed and halved
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley (leaves only) loosely packed
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 4 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 whole-roasted deli chicken
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
This cool, refreshing and satisfying salad combines nutty farro with bits of fresh cherry and crumbled goat cheese. Summer doesn't get any sweeter!
In CategoryLunch, Dinner,
- Cook farro according to package directions, for al dente texture. Drain and set aside to cool to room temp.
- In a large bowl, combine cooled farro, fresh cherry halves, green onion, Italian parsley, fennel, walnuts, goat cheese, and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, champagne vinegar and honey for vinaigrette.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil, until fully incorporated.
- Lightly dress farro salad with vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately or place in refrigerator until ready to serve (will keep in refrigerator overnight). Best served at room temperature.
- For a full meal, add deli-roasted chicken (purchased from market) alongside, or shredded and added directly to salad.
This salad keeps great in the fridge for up to 2 days. Additional vinaigrette is suggested if set aside for more than several hours.
- Calories: 529
- Fat Content: 22
- Protein Content: 17.3
- Carbohydrate Content: 68.2
- Fiber Content: 3
- Sugar Content: 11