- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 ½ cups)
- 2 Stemilt Fuji apples, diced (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons chopped sage
- 16 ounces frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 2 cups shredded turkey
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar, divided
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Optional: green onion, for garnish
Reminiscent of holiday flavors with apple and sage, this casserole is mostly savory but the apple provides an ever-so-subtle hint of sweetness. Loaded with leftover turkey and sharp cheddar cheese, this casserole is protein-packed and sure to keep you satisfied throughout the morning.
- Yield8 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryBreakfast
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large sauté or nonstick pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and apple and sauté until apples have softened and onion is translucent, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sage.
- Add hash browns. Layer on top 1 cup cheese, apple mixture, and turkey.
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, milk, salt and pepper, and whisk to combine.
- Pour egg mixture evenly into casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake until center is set and edges are golden-brown, about 55-65 minutes.
- Optional: garnish with green onion.
- Casserole can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator overnight. Let sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
- You can substitute leftover potatoes or stuffing from your Thanksgiving dinner for the hash browns.
- Calories: 501
- Fat Content: 20.9g
- Cholesterol Content: 285mg
- Sodium Content: 824mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 31.7g
- Fiber Content: 3.5g
- Sugar Content: 9.5g
- Protein Content: 24.4g