- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 Stemilt, Piñata apples, peeled, cored, and sliced into equal size wedges
- 2 packed tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of coarse kosher salt
- 4 scoops of vanilla bean ice cream, optional
Ditch the fancy chocolates and snobby pastries and try these slightly updated, but still VERY old-school, Vanilla Pan Fried Apples. They are the ultimate Valentine’s dessert.
- Yield4 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In Categorydessert
- Melt the butter in a 10-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the apple wedges, brown sugar, lemon juice, vanilla bean paste, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to coat the apple wedges completely.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes until wedges are tender, but still have a little bit of a bite.
- To serve divide the apple wedges between 4 bowls and add a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream to each bowl.
- Note: These apple wedges have lots of uses in the kitchen - they are great served over pancakes, perfect on top of oatmeal, and even hold their own as a southern inspired side dish.
- Calories: 263