- 2 cups white whole-wheat flour + about 1/4 cup more for rolling out dough
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups vegan vanilla Greek-style yogurt
- 1 cup finely chopped Stemilt Cosmic Crisp apples
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Apple Cinnamon Crunch Bagels require no boiling or yeast! The bagels are vegan, baked in the oven and ready in 30 minutes- this recipe makes a dozen bagels.
- Yield1 dozen servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryBreakfast, Snack
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place a baking mat or parchment paper on a baking sheet. Spray with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, brown sugar, yogurt and apples. Mix well. Mixture may be crumbly.
- Dust the work surface with flour and place the dough on top of a floured surface. Knead the dough about 15 times until the dough is combined and not sticking to your hand. If dough is sticky, add more flour until it is no longer sticky.
- Divide the dough into 12 balls. Roll each ball into ropes that are about 3/4 inch thick and join the ends to form your bagels.
- Bake bagels in the oven for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Melt the butter in a separate bowl.
- Remove the bagels from the oven and brush with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for another 5 minutes until bagels are cooked through and lightly browned.
- Top with vegan cream cheese for extra deliciousness!
- Stores well in the fridge for up to 5 days. Freezes for up to 3 months.
If you're not following a vegan diet, feel free to use regular Greek yogurt and regular butter.
- Calories: 236
- Fat Content: 6.8g
- Cholesterol Content: 17mg
- Sodium Content: 383mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 20.1g
- Fiber Content: 1.4g
- Sugar Content: 14.5g
- Protein Content: 24.4g