- 2 cups water
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 lbs (6 cups) pitted Stemilt sweet cherries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp freshly grated lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Milk or cream for brushing on biscuits
- Sugar for sprinkling on biscuits
Nothing says it's summer quite like a bowl of Stemilt cherries. This cherry-inspired recipe is one that the whole family will devour!
- Yield6 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDessert
To make biscuits:
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Add cream to dry ingredients; mix with fork until mixture begins to hold together.
- Transfer to lightly floured surface; knead 10 times or until smooth dough forms.
- Roll or pat out to 3/4-inch thick circle.
To make filling:
- In large saucepan, stir together water and cornstarch.
- Add cherries, sugar, lemon peel and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring, until mixture thickens and becomes clear.
- Transfer fruit mixture to shallow 1-1/2 quart baking dish; set aside.
To assemble the cobbler:
- Place biscuits on top of fruit mixture. If preferred, topping can be cut with a biscuit cutter into 6 biscuits.
- Brush topping with milk or cream and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 425 for 15 to 20 minutes, or until biscuits are browned and fruit is bubbling.
- Cool slightly before serving.
- Calories: 448
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Carbohydrate Content: 72 g
- Cholesterol Content: 54 mg
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 440 mg