- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced shallot
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (Meyer lemon, if available)
- 1 tsp fresh orange zest
- 1 apple, finely diced
- 1 cup halved fresh Stemilt sweet cherries
- 2 tbsp minced dried apricots
- 3 tbsp golden raisins
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Pinch white pepper
- 1 5-oz wedge brie (skin on)
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped (in food processor)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp 2% milk (or heavy cream, as preferred)
- Sliced baguette toasts
Delicious Apple and Cherry Chutney is served atop walnut-crusted Brie and baguette toasts.
- Yield12 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- CuisineEuropean, American
- In CategoryAppetizer, Side dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place brie wedge in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in large saucepan. Add shallots; cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, lemon juice, and orange zest. Continue cooking until sugar is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Add apples, cherries, dried apricots, raisins, allspice, apple cider vinegar, and white pepper.
- Bring mixture to a low boil and simmer, stirring intermittently, until liquid has reduced by about half and sauce has thickened, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and set aside.
- Place chopped nuts in a shallow dish.
- Crack egg into a separate shallow dish. Add milk and whisk until well combined.
- Remove brie from freezer and dip in egg wash, coating cheese on all surfaces.
- Transfer to walnut mix and turn to coat with nuts, gently pressing to ensure coverage.
- Place cheese on baking sheet. Bake for approximately 15 minutes. Transfer to serving tray.
- Toast baguette slices and arrange on tray with cheese.
- Transfer apple-cherry chutney to a serving bowl and place with cheese and toasts. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 187
- Fat Content: 12.8g
- Cholesterol Content: 33mg
- Sodium Content: 133mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 14g
- Fiber Content: 1.6g
- Sugar Content: 8.7g
- Protein Content: 6.2g