- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Stemilt pears, sliced
- 2 small shallots, minced
- 6 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 cups shredded cooked turkey or chicken (12 oz)
- 1 large head radicchio, thinly sliced
- 1 large fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 12 large leaves of butter or Boston lettuce
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
This simple, yet elegant salad, is great for lunches or quick dinners during the winter seasons.
In CategoryLunch, Dinner
- Heat oil in a large non-stick Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add pears and cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Whisk shallots, vinegar and mustard in a small bowl; add to the pan and cook, stirring constantly for 30 seconds.
- Add turkey, radicchio, fennel, carrots and walnuts.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until just wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Return the pears to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the lettuce leaves among 4 plates.
- Top with the warm salad and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Calories: 384
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0 g
- Cholesterol Content: 83 mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 32 g
- Protein Content: 33 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Sodium Content: 548 mg