- 4 fresh Stemilt apples (Gala, Pink Lady or Fuji)
- 4 fresh Artisan Organic peaches
- 2 cups fresh Stemilt cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
Serve fruit compote warm over waffles, oatmeal or pancakes for breakfast or over ice cream for a fruity dessert.
In CategorySides, Breakfast
- Peel and slice apples and peaches into thin slices, removing pits and seeds.
- Put apple and peach slices in a bowl with lemon juice, cherries and sugar.
- Stir together until all fruit is coated with lemon juice, and the sugar is mostly dissolved.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the cornstarch and water until the cornstarch is dissolved and the mixture resembles a watery paste.
- In a heavy saucepan, bring the fruit mixture to a boil, and then immediately reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture, and simmer for another 5 or 6 minutes until the apples are just beginning to soften, but are still slightly crisp-tender.
- Calories: 212
- Fat Content: 0g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Sodium Content: 1mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 55.5g
- Fiber Content: 6.8g
- Sugar Content: 47.7g
- Protein Content: 1.6g