Apart from the healthy nature of summer’s sweet, sun-ripened fruit, I love the fact that fresh fruit can pair up with just a few simple ingredients and result in a quick dessert, a salsa, or a salad… simply because the fruit speaks for itself. There’s little required to dress up its naturally delicious flavor.
This is especially true with Stemilt’s beautiful, organic peaches, a perfect fruit to spoon over oatmeal, yogurt, or ice cream. And, a great option for a unique twist on a summer salsa. These peaches are so yummy, they’d simply be great sliced and served in a beautiful little bowl all alone, for dessert.
However, since it’s grilling weather, popping a halved peach onto the grill for just a few minutes does wonders to enhance this fruit’s already sweet, juicy nature. It’s the perfect crowning note to a leafy green salad, like this one dotted with quartered fresh figs, chopped roasted almonds, and a drizzle of a sweet-savory balsamic-fig vinaigrette. It’s healthy, delicious, and comes together in just minutes!
- 2 large Stemilt peaches, halved and pitted
- 6 cups mixed baby greens, loosely packed
- 2 cups thinly sliced radicchio
- 6 small fresh figs, stems removed, quartered
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped roasted, unsalted almonds
- 1 tsp fig/jam spread
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
This Grilled Peach & Mixed Baby Greens Salad with Balsamic Fig Vinaigrette is healthy, delicious, and comes together in just minutes.
- Whisk fig jam and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl, to combine.
- Add olive oil and continue whisking until ingredients are fully incorporated. Set aside.
- Lightly brush peaches with olive oil and place on hot grill (at a slight angle to “squared center” of fruit, to achieve grill marks at a diagonal); grill for approximately 2 to 4 minutes (depending on heat of grill), lifting just slightly to test doneness before removing.
- Using tongs, transfer peaches to a plate (grill marks up). Set aside. (Note: a stovetop grill also works great).
- Place mixed greens and radicchio in a large bowl, dress with 2 to 4 tablespoons of vinaigrette, to taste, tossing lightly to coat.
- Add figs and gently toss to incorporate figs.
- Divide greens among plates. Top with a peach halve and sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- Serve immediately.
- Calories: 267
- Fat Content: 18
- Protein Content: 4.5
- Carbohydrate Content: 26.9
- Fiber Content: 5.4
- Sugar Content: 20.6