- 2 Stemilt Bosc pears
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 tbsp, plus 1 teaspoon fig jam, divided
- 1/2 tsp water, divided
- 1 egg
- 3 to 4 slices prosciutto, thinly cut
- 2 oz cambozola cheese (or other brie-bleu cheese blend)
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
Bosc pears add a perfect subtle sweetness to this heart-shaped Pear and Prosciutto tart.
- Yield2 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- CuisineEuropean, American
- In CategoryAppetizer, Side dish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel pears, then cut 2 “halves” lengthwise along either side of core. Using a mandolin, thinly slice these halves (broad side down). These slices will form each side of your pear “heart.” Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry sheet to an approximate 15×11-inch rectangle.
- Cut 2 large hearts from sheet (freehand/or use large heart cookie cutter as guide… size of heart needs to accommodate the width of your “pear heart”… approximately 7×7-inches, allowing for a 1/2 inch fold over of perimeter edge.
- Fold over perimeter edge of each heart (approximately 1/2-inch fold) to create an outer rim.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon fig jam with 1/4 teaspoon water, to loosen. Add egg to mixture and whisk to combine.
- Lightly brush tops and edges of pastry hearts with egg wash (you will use only a slight bit of this; dispose of excess).
- Lay thinly sliced prosciutto atop pastry, to cover interior of each heart. Dot with cambozola cheese.
- Arrange slices of pear to resemble a heart, largest pieces to smallest, to create a tiered appearance.
- Lightly brush tops of pear with melted butter. Place pastry hearts on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake on center rack of oven for approximately 15 to 18 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining 1/2 teaspoon fig jam with 1/4 teaspoon water, to loosen. Remove baked tarts from oven.
- Lightly brush tops of pears with fig-water wash (you will not use entire amount/dispose of excess). Plate tarts atop mixed greens (undressed or lightly dressed, as preferred). Serve immediately.
- Calories: 371.9
- Fat Content: 19g
- Carbohydrate Content: 41.8g
- Fiber Content: 6.1g
- Sugar Content: 26.7g
- Cholesterol Content: 129mg
- Sodium Content: 394.7mg