Warm up on a winter night with homemade applesauce, or freeze and use during any point of the year.
- Yield10-15 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- CuisineEuropean, American
- In CategoryBreakfast, Snacks, Side dishes,
- Cut apples in eighths, leaving peels and core intact.
- In a large saucepan, combine apples, water and lemon juice. Bring to a boil.
- Once it boils, reduce heat and gently simmer (uncovered) until apples are very tender.
- Be sure to stir often. This should take between 20-30 minutes.
- Next, place a ricer, large screened sieve, or food mill over a mixing bowl.
- Push the apple mixture through the mill. Seeds and skin should not go through.
- Add sugar and cinnamon to apple puree. Taste and add sugar as needed.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Calories: 70
- Fat Content: 0.2g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Sodium Content: 1mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 18.6g
- Fiber Content: 2.8g
- Sugar Content: 14.6g
- Protein Content: 0.6g