When it comes to dinner, EASY, is the name of the game around here during the holiday season! Like you, I’m burning the candle at both ends this holiday season. On top of the normal feverish pie of December we’ve been buying a house, moving, and we adopted a 6-month-old puppy that just happens to be deaf. We’re literally at full capacity over here if it weren’t for easy meals like this Sheet Pan Cauliflower Gnocchi with Apples and Sausage.
This dinner comes together in a flash with only 5 minutes of prep time and items you probably already have on hand in your pantry.
Cauliflower Gnocchi || This stuff has to be a top selling item of the season because our local store can only order 1 case per shipment and they aren’t allowed to hold bags for people, even if they pay in advance! It took me 3 trips to Atlanta to finally score a few bags and now I know why so many people stock their freezers with them. They have a soft pillowy consistency like traditional gnocchi and mild cauliflower flavor, which we just love!
Sausage || My kiddo’s love chicken apple sausage! It’s a bit sweeter than a more traditional Italian Sausage and it plays really nicely with the roasted apples in this sheet pan supper.
Apples || I always have apples on hand for easy snacking, but I also like to use them in savory dishes as well like this Sheet Pan Cauliflower Gnocchi with Apples and Sausage. Stemilt’s Piñata® apples are my go-to for this recipe because I love their sweet-tart taste and they really hold up to the heat of the oven.
Sage || This time of year I’m pretty sure everyone’s crisper drawers are loaded with sage! I hardly used it before outside of the holiday season, but now I have this go-to week night recipe, I’m sure I’ll be stocking lots more of it.
Pesto || Every good meal needs a sauce and this one utilizes store-bought pesto. Dunk it, toss it, or slather it, it doesn’t matter. It’s all delicious!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bag Cauliflower Gnocchi, thawed
- 2 chicken apple sausages, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 Stemilt Piñata® apple, core removed, sliced into wedges
- 2-3 springs of sage, about 9-12 leaves each
- Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- To serve: prepared pesto
A dinner so easy that it only requires 5 minutes of prep work!
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Drizzle the olive oil onto a baking sheet.
- Add the thawed cauliflower gnocchi to the pan, toss to coat in the oil, season with salt and pepper to taste then roast undisturbed in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Flip the gnocchi, making sure every piece has been turned to ensure even browning, then arrange the gnocchi along one side of the pan and add the sliced sausage and apples to the other side of the pan.
- Nestle the sage sprigs amongst the gnocchi and return the pan to the oven to roast for an additional 15-20 minutes, turning the apples and sausage halfway through, until the gnocchi is perfectly golden and the apples are tender.
- Toss everything together, crumble the sage leaves over the top, discarding the woody stems and season again with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, with pesto if desired.
- Calories: 335
- Fat Content: 22.5
- Cholesterol Content: 50.4
- Sodium Content: 1443mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 25.2g
- Protein Content: 8.9g