While we all know snacking on healthy things, like fresh produce, is…
Best Football Game Day Snacks: Apple Puff Bites
Go, team! The big day is coming up, where the ultimate competition takes place: commercials vs. the actual football game. Personally, go commercials! We all know that the best part is the football game day snacks everyone shares.
Just like there is a winning team in football, there has to be a winning snack at the table. No matter who you’re rooting for. Veggie trays are going to need a facelift after we introduce this crowd-pleasing, and addicting, game-day snack! If your goal is to make a touchdown this season, these football-shaped Apple Puff Bites will make you the MVP!
We came up with a great appetizer that approaches sandwich territory using our Pink Lady® apples. These sweet-tart apples pair perfectly with rich puff pastry, brie, and pancetta in these football-shaped bites. Everyone will be wanting to pass them around despite team rivalry.
To make these game day treats:
You’ll want to find puff pastry shells. Standard puff pastry can work, too, but the shells are already almost football-shaped, which means less effort on your part!
You’ll start by trimming the edges of the shells to get a better football shape, then separating the tops of the shells from the bottoms. Layer sliced apples, wedges of brie, and cooked pancetta on the base of the shells, top with the top piece, brush with egg, and bake. That’s it!
These bites are super filling and will give you all the energy you need to yell at (or ignore) the TV for the day. Everyone at your gathering is bound to love them. Make these snacks for your next game day gathering and leave us a review on how they went over with your football fans!
- 1 package frozen puff pastry shells, thawed
- 1 Stemilt Pink Lady® Apple, peeled, cored, and cut into thin slices
- 6 oz brie
- 4 oz cubed pancetta, cooked
- 1 egg
These sweet-tart apples pair perfectly with rich puff pastry, brie, and pancetta in these football shaped bites.
- Yield5 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryAppetizer, Side dish
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the puff pastry shells apart from one another. Use a sharp knife to trim the edges and make them into football shapes.
- Gently separate the tops of the shells from the bottom.
- Top the bottom of each shell with 1-2 apple slices (depending on your preference), a wedge of brie (about 1 oz), and about 1 tbsp cooked pancetta.
- Top with puff pastry shell top. Repeat with all shells.
- Using a sharp pairing knife, gently cut “laces” into the top of each shell to look like a football.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl with a fork. Brush the top of the puff pastry shells with the egg.
- Bake for about 8 minutes, until golden brown.
- Calories: 267
- Fat Content: 19.6g
- Cholesterol Content: 67mg
- Sodium Content: 953mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 9.6g
- Fiber Content: 1.2g
- Sugar Content: 5.4g
- Protein Content: 9.1g