We all know cherries are great by the handfuls. I mean, it almost becomes a challenge to not grab a few every time you open the fridge, right? However, itâ€™s nice to change things up now and again with unique cherry recipes that involve Mother Natureâ€™s best treat.
Cherries are a versatile fruit that can be used in a number of dishes. Not only it is a super fruit from a nutritional standpoint, but cherries also hold up well against heat which makes itâ€™s one of the best fruits to bake/cook/grill with. Below, we have collaborated and found five unique cherry recipes that we believe highlight the flavor, texture and size of cherries and we would love for you to give them a try! If you have tried any of these or plan too, let us know in the comments below!
- Sausage, Goat Cheese and Grilled Cherry Appetizer Bites: Summer means two things in my world: cherries and BBQs. In fact, when I donâ€™t have enough time to whip something up for a BBQ, I bring a bag of cherries and it always goes over well. But when I do plan ahead and have time to make something, I love making these cute and delicious Sausage, Goat Cheese and Grilled Cherry bites. If it sounds difficult, donâ€™t worry â€“ itâ€™s not. Salty meets sweet meets oh, so satisfying with this appetizing recipe.
- Brandied Cherry Jam (for 21 and over): Jennifer, a Kitchen Council member and founder of Savory Simple has created this delicious Brandied Cherry Jam that â€śtastes absolutely sinful on biscuits and scones.â€ť I donâ€™t know about you, but if sinful is used to describe the taste, then it must be that Jenniferâ€™s recipe takes, in total, one hour to prepare and create. The jam is good to last for one month in the refrigerator or up to three months in the freezer. Sign us up!
- Cherry Wine (for those 21 and over): Oh, sweet cherry wine, bum, bum, bum! (Name that tune!) Cherry wine has become quite popular among wine connoisseurs in the wine world, so naturally we provided a DIY Cherry Wine recipe. However, please remember that no (good) wine is not created overnight, so give yourself plenty of time make this beverage!
- Sklyar RaeÂ® Cherry-White Nectarine-Pineapple Salsa: Yes, we said cherry salsa. Yes, that is real thing and it is absolutely heavenly. Basically, take all of summerâ€™s best flavors â€“ Skylar RaeÂ® cherries, Artisan Organicsâ„˘ White Nectarines, and Pineapple â€“ and mix them together for the ultimate treat. It pairs well with chips to become a dip or even on top of grilled meat or fish. In this recipe, we have paired it with barbecued chicken teriyaki alongside a cup of jasmine rice. YUM!
- Cherry Calzone: A cherry calzone? Yes, a cherry calzone. It may not be your first choice this time around, but it definitely will be next time! Loaded with cherries and cream cheese, add a dash of cinnamon and a splash of almost extract, then wrap up in a delicious, doughy blanket and you will find yourself cooking a piece of heaven in your oven. This calzone will be a great treat for Sunday morning brunch and it only takes 30 minutes!