Oh, the delights of dessert. As if dessert wasn’t satisfying enough, why not go big and start frying them? When I hear the mention of fried food, funnel cakes are the first to pop into my head. You can’t beat a fluffy, fried batter smothered in a sweet strawberry sauce from the food fair. I have one heck of a sweet tooth and I fondly remember devouring chocolate, strawberry, and powdered sugar funnel cakes in the 80-degree summer weather.
Luckily, you don’t have to wait for the food fair to come to town to enjoy a plethora of delicious fried desserts! And don’t worry, not all fried desserts have to up the weight on the scale, you can make plenty of crispy, crunchy, recipes that stay under 500 calories.
What to Fry and How
It amazes me what you can fry up these days either in the pan or the air fryer. You may have tried some popular fried recipes like pasta chips or fried sweet potato fries, but have you tried incorporating apples into your frying creations?
Apples make for amazing desserts whether they are enjoyed fresh or baked into a warm cobbler. It’s time to take your apple desserts to the next level with six of the best fried apple recipes! Bust out your favorite apples and try these simply delicious fried apple desserts in your air fryer or frying pan!
In this recipe round-up, you will find great uses for our Piñata apples which will inspire a sweet and tropical flavor to any dessert. Did you know Piñata apples are one of the best for baking? Time to give it a try!
Fried Apple Recipes
- Air Fryer Apple Chips: Apple slices and peanut butter has always been my go-to snack, but it’s time to mix it up with these air fryer apple chips! Although these chips are considered a snack, the peanut butter and yogurt dip will satisfy your sweet tooth and need for a crunchy bite.
- Vanilla Pan-Fried Apples: Prepare to fill your home with the sweet aroma of apples and vanilla with these vanilla pan-fried apples. Keep date night simple with this vanilla-infused dessert and remember this recipe for Valentine’s Day!
- Easy Apple Fritters: These easy apple fritters are full of sweet apple bits and hints of cinnamon that are sure to delight! They make for a quick, easy, and kid-friendly dessert.
- Apple Fritters: These apple fritters are a wonderful hybrid of apple pie and a doughnut! In under 14 minutes, you can have a warm and delicious apple dessert for the whole family. Something tells me these would be amazing with powdered sugar…
- Southern Fried Apples: If you’re looking for a fried apple dessert with the least amount of work, southern fried apples will be just the treat for you! Simply toss your apple slices into a frying pan with butter, cinnamon, and sugar and you have the perfect topping for ice cream.
- Fried Apple Pies: You may not think there’s any way apple pies could get any better, but have you tried frying them? If not, you don’t want to miss out on this recipe! (It’s hard to beat a warm and crispy crust filled with soft cinnamon apples.)
Now that we’ve given you a handful of our BEST fried apple recipes, it’s time to break out the air fryer or turn on the stove! Give these recipes a try and please let us know how you enjoyed them in the comments below!